Words & Photography
by Amanda Shamblin
In case you feel like having a yummy chicken dinner tonight, here's the easy recipe I used for dinner last night.
One Pot Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce Chicken
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp salted butter
1/4 cup of heavy cream
1/2 lemon (sliced)
parsley or basil
1. With rack positioned in lower third of oven, preheat to 375.
2. Brown salt and peppered chicken in olive oil, then remove to plate.
3. Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes into the pan the chicken was in.
4. Pour mixture into a pot, scraping any brown bits loose from bottom of pan.
5. Let mixture reduce and thicken for 8-10 min.
6. Remove pot from heat and whisk in salted butter until melted.
7. While removed from the heat, whisk in heavy cream.
8. Place over heat for 30 seconds.
9. Remove from heat and add chicken, flipping chicken to fully coat both sides.
10. Top chicken with lemon slices and place pot in oven for 8-10 min. until chicken is fully cooked.
11. Remove from oven and top with parsley or basil.
12. Thank me later.