Words & Photography
by Ana Klizs
Inspired by my three ingredient ice cream recipe Johannes and I made with Today’s Parent Magazine, and my friends at Crown Flora’s dried lavender from Provence, I thought maybe mixing the two would be yummy.
I decided to boil the lavender into a concentrated liquid and mix it along with a couple of springs of lavender into the ice cream mixture. To add a little extra flavour I also grated a little bit of lemon rind, and used 10 thawed wild blueberries to give the ice cream colour. I am not exaggerating when I say the combination was to die for! You guys HAVE to make this ice cream. Its quick and easy but so tasty. It will blow your family or guests away.
Lavender Ice Cream
1 cup 35% whipping cream
1/2 small can of condensed milk
6 tbps lavender water (to get it I brought 1/4 cup of water with 12 springs of dried lavender to a boil, turned off the heat and set aside for 15min) add more to taste
1 tbsp dried lavender flowers crumbled with your fingers (ground with mortar and pestle would work also)
1 tbsp lemon rind
juice of 10 thawed wild blueberries (previously frozen) – for color only
1. Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form with a hand or stand mixer on medium/high.
2. Mix in condensed milk until just incorporated.
3. Add in the lavender flowers, lavender water and lemon rind.
4. Mix well.
5. Pour into a resealable container.
6. Add in the blueberry juice and swirl around with a spoon.
7. Seal and freeze at least 6 hours, I prefer overnight.
8. Serve and enjoy!